Tuesday, November 13, 2007

weekly plans:me and my body edition

The whole point of my theme this week is to help Afton become less stressed about her first visit to the dentist. We'll learn about lots and play around lots of fun things with the body, and then zero in on teeth near the end of the week. If I feel she won't freak out too bad, I'll make her appointment for this week!

So this week we will:
  • Do lots of crazy things with our toes: color, put stuff away, nursery rhymes, etc.
  • Make a giant poster of the body by tracing Afton's (and Abel's if he'll lie still long enough) body.
  • Body Movement Charades: cartwheels, dancing, bending, all the cool stuff our body can do!
  • Fingerprint art and maybe footprint art if I'm feeling daring and if I remmeber to pick up truly washable paint this week!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Cool ideas! I've been checking your blogs lots, but while I've been at mom's house...that's why no comments from me ;)

Kathryn said...

Hi hope the visit to the dentist went well. Matty just had his first and we got in that day so I had no time to stress about it (even though I've been through this twice before with older children.) We found the nicest, friendliest, understanding hygenist who made the process so easy (and dare I say fun for him!) She earned every cent, he cooperated with everything she wanted him to do.