Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thanksgiving Week Plans


We're having our first house guests this week. In preparation I have been in a mad rush to finish painting, deciding what and where to hang things and parting the way in my smallish home for an addition of 5. I'm really excited to host Thanksgiving, because I get to cook exactly what I want. And with all things I do, I find Thanksgiving is more tasty and fun with a theme.

This year our theme is "Retro Diner" to go with my awesome new table and the sparky stripe in my dining room!!! A sample of my menu for you (and because I really love it):
  • Thanksgiving on a Roll: sliced turkey breast (I use a MS recipe) apple stuffing and cranberry mayo
  • potato wedges
  • Autumn salad
  • gooey sweet potatoes
  • cinnamon apples
  • pumpkin mousse parfait and
  • pumpkin cupcakes
There will be 5 kiddies running around my house so I wanted to have plenty of planned activities. We'll be making ornaments, going to a parade (well the boys will do that while my SIL and I shop!), making cards with leaf etchings, going to a movie and probably playing in SNOW!

What special things do you have planned? Enjoy your Turkey celebrations this week!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Nice spread! I'd totally come over for that meal.

We are headed to Chris's parents. I just want yams, my way of course. Beyond that...I've sort of lost my lust for turkey.

It just taste weird recently