Thursday, November 01, 2007

good deals gone wrong

Every now and then I purchase something that I thought was a great deal only to discover indeed it was not. This week that item was Rose Art poster paint. Usually I am a die hard Crayola loyalist but the new money plan has been pinching pennies everywhere and $1.50 less for paint was a lot of pennies.

Then it was opened, used and found to be NOT TRULY WASHABLE. Quickly, I emailed my complaint to the company and this was the response I got:

For stains on wood, just apply toothpaste (not gel) to the stain, wait 20-30 minutes and wipe it off with hot water!

Yeah. I'm sure my toddler won't want to investigate the toothpaste on the table for that long.

As I fill out forms, find receipts and cut barcodes out for my REFUND, the moral of this story is ingrained into my cranial shopping section: some pennies just need to be spent because time is money and my time shouldn't be spent with toothpaste cleaning scenarios!

2 comments:

kelly said...

Ugh! Good to know.

Mumsy said...

Yikes.

(Hey--call me when you get a chance. I want to catch up, but I don't have your number. Or maybe I do...call me anyway.)