Monday, December 03, 2007

weekly plans: service edition

Heaps of kindness and shovels full of love. That's what I'm hoping to accomplish with the plans for this week. Here's a peek:
  • Purchase gifts and gift cards for our angel tree items, wrap and deliver. I must say that I usually try and squeak by these events with a minimal contribution. But this year I'm going to behave different. I'm going to get really great items and nto fret about the price because its giving for heavens sake! Afton has been excited to pick out the items for a week since we picked up the tags.
  • Finalize and make gifts for grandparents, teachers, sibling and parent. Afton wants to make music boxes or musical snow globes. Hmmmm...don't know about that!
  • Gather/purchase and donate food to our local food bank.
  • Send cards to a few shut-ins and single folk in our ward.
  • Practice sharing with role play (we need some help in this area right now).
Enjoy your first full week of Christmas cheer! I'd love to know service projects your family is involved in this year. Share away.

No comments: