Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Save the world and some money too



Recycle. Not in the tradition sense. Recycle your recyclables into your own home. Use glass jars to store leftovers or craft supplies. Use those plastic lunch meat boxes the same way. Save newspaper and magazines for craft activities. Use cardboard for messy art projects, wrap up boxes and use as building blocks. Eventually, please recycle, but for now save your funds for buying things you haven't already bought!

My favorite thing to reuse? Jam jars. I use them for painting cups, leftovers, grease catchers and have been storing the jars to hold my Christmas gift for friends (which I'm keeping a secret for now). And I feel justified in buying a jam that is not a very good deal. Bonne Maman. So good!

(the photo used for this post, was borrowed from Design Mom. a guest blogger a while back also enjoyed my fave jam jars)

How do you reuse in your home?

1 comment:

Angie said...

that jam IS awesome. I have some downstairs, completely hate the price...but ooh goodness :)

good ideas, jars are the best things to me. have a fortress of boxes, that one day will be used for something other then moving prep.