Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween is so much fun!



I used to think Halloween was a boring holiday. Now that my life is full with little kiddies, I totally love the fun and general low stress of this holiday. It is just plain fun! Our ward event was okay (we miss, miss, miss our NY and VA wards so so much!!!) but we had a great time dressing up as the Medieval Maravilla's. I take our family theme pretty seriously and love coming up with the costumes, although this year Afton just had to be a princess so she was the costume we all built on. And no I am not pregnant, it's just the costume and my weird leaning pose!



I spent a solid hour decorating just the top of my cupcakes for the cupcake walk. It was a blast coming up with monster faces made from the weird stuff in our mass bag of candy ( if ound a use for that gummy pizza!).


The FHE pumpkin carving, quickly became a one man show. Afton decided that the pumpkin smelled disgusting and Abel just wanted to play with the knives and stand on the table. But Patrick persevered and spent over an hour perfectly his spooky bat.

Today we went to the party that Patrick's work puts on and it was AMAZING fun! So much fun in fact that there was a map pointing out all the fun to be had. And good grown up food too.

It's not even Halloween yet and we have one more fun activity and the big night to enjoy. I hope you are having as much fun as we are!

3 comments:

kelly said...

Great costumes! I wish I were close enough to eat a cupcake.

liz said...

CUTE family costume.

I will never forget her as a little elvis. you guys are awesome

liz said...

p.s. was patrick so happy he could wear sweatpants to a church function?! ;-)